Wednesday, July 11, 2012

BLB = Bees Love Basil & BLB = Bees Love Brittany

Well I just found out today that bees love basil flowers. I also have learned that they don't like tomato plants. How did I come to this conclusion? Because I saw it with my own eyes, that's how! You don't believe me you say! Well, here are the pictures to prove it!


See that bee there - well, I didn't put it there! It flew over there on it's own!
Oh well, I can hear it now ... "He glued a bee to the basil plant!!! That bee wouldn't visit a basil plant!!!"
Oh yea really? Then how do you explain this next photo!


I know what you're thinking : "Man, you can barely see that bee in this photo! That could be a baby squirrel eating that basil for all we know!" Sure that's a possibility, but if it really were a baby squirrel why does it have ....

WINGS!!!
That's right sucka, it's a bee and it lovezzzzzzz basil!!!!

In case you're curious -
All these photos were taken in the rooftop garden about twenty yards away from the bee hive,
and once again, no one was stung!


4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your blog, I am very envious of your bee hive and can't wait to start my own hopefully someday! Thanks for all the knowledge you've shared!

    -Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Brittany after your 'sweet as honey' comments I am officially changing the BLB = 'Bees Love Basil' title of this post to include BLB = 'Bees Love Brittany. Thanks and I hope one day to follow your blog on beekeeping when you get your first hive! It's really easy to get started - that said you will learn something new every time you watch the bees.
    A bit of trivia : did you know that we in the States spell 'beekeeping' with no space - while beekeeping in England is spelled 'bee keeping' with a space. Super interesting don't you think! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy smokes ! them buggers got wings! how the heck are we gonna stop em now?
    Batten down the bees, folks, Franken storm is comin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gather the crowds and storm the castle! Huzzah!

    ReplyDelete